When it comes to deciding where to get married, there is an array of choices available to you. All of which have their advantages and disadvantages – whether that be down to availability, size, venue restrictions or religious beliefs.
Deciding on who should marry you, however, is still something that falls way down to the bottom of most couples’ wedding preparation priorities. I hope to change that by giving you 10 reasons to choose a celebrant for your special day, rather than a registrar.
Choose a wedding celebrant if…
- Your perfect venue does not have a civil marriage licence. This could be your own garden, woodlands, a beach or an unlicensed wedding venue
- You don’t want to be restricted by the limitations of a licensed ceremony
- You don’t want to be married by a complete stranger
- You want to be married somewhere where all your friends and family can stay together i.e self catering accommodation
- You want to include a religious element within your ceremony but don’t want to get married in a church
- You want to be married outdoors without a permanent structure
- You want to be confident in the knowledge that your celebrant will have one booking that day and therefore there is no need to rush or fit in with a schedule
- You want a ceremony that has no template or standard script, no tick boxes or restrictions.
- You want to add a hand fasting, sand ceremony, religious or cultural element, to give your ceremony added personality
- You want your ceremony to be completely personal and unique to you.
So, now you know. Your wedding need not follow the same template or wording. Your ceremony will not feel rushed or conveyor-beltish. Your special day will be completely and utterly unique. If you have any other questions please, please do contact me via the website. I’m always happy to chat and help in any way I can.